Holiday Decorating Ideas
from Christine Haught, Ltd. Interior Design www.christinehaught.com
- Start Early: Begin now to envision what you want your holidays to LOOK like. If nothing else, it is a good way to fall asleep at night. It'll be better than counting sheep!
- One Bite at a time: Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Have fun & get into the creative mode! "There's always tomorrow." -Bill Withers, Lean on Me
Mark your calendar: Write down what you are doing and when. I love a dry erase kitchen number....
- Take Inventory: Begin to figure out what you have and what you might need. How many place settings will there be? Do you have enough serving pieces? A pie server?
- Snooze: Be sure to go to bed and get the right amount of sleep to stay healthy!
- Organize: I suggest color coded bins for each holiday. Black and orange for Halloween, etc.
- It is Cardio: All of those trips to the attic or basement are pre-burning your holiday calories!
- Plan an event: Why not host a Thanksgiving morning 11-2 neighborhood open house? Tell your friends to bring an instrument! It will be a reason to clean and decorate the house and a good way to catch up with neighbors you probably never see!
- Sparkle: Relax and enjoy your shining home!
- Don't be afraid to call in a professional ... Let someone else just do it!